How Long Will Homemade Potato Salad Keep in the Refrigerator?

Category Storage
If stored in a fridge with a consistently cold temperature and kept well covered, many people find that homemade potato salad can last from 5 - 10 days. This is a guide about, "How long will homemade potato salad keep in the refrigerator?".

How long will homemade potato salad remain safe in the fridge?

By Lynda from NJ

Answers

Best Answer

3-5 days according to the following website. Homemade potato salad doesn't last too long around here to even worry about it. But then I've had potato salad in my refrigerator for 10 days and it still tastes fine.
stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/18079

Best Answer

I make a big batch (using 6-8 large potatoes) and keep it in the fridge in a large plastic container with a tight fitting lid. It keeps two weeks. I live alone and when I make potato salad, I usually have some every day, and have actually had it last two weeks until I used it up. If your fridge holds well at a consistent temperature, it should keep for you as well. Just dish some out and put the container right back in the fridge. If you let the container of salad sit out a while, then the salad won't last as long.