Repairing an iPod Screen

Does anyone know how to fix an IPod when the screen image is totally dysfunctional? A white screen shows with several spots on it, but the player still works fine, and you can hear the music. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Alan from Plainfield, IN

They have guides for repairing just about everything by Apple. They also sell replacement parts.

My daughter's iPod got run over in the driveway and the same thing happened to it - music was fine but no screen. My nephew ordered a special plastic tool to open the iPod and repaired it himself. It cost about $70 including the tool and new screen. A lot cheaper than a new iPod!

This site looks good: I don't think I have the guts to do it myself, though!

If you have an apple ipod, they were absolutely wonderful with their service and repair for us. They made arrangements for ours to be picked up and told us when we could expect it to be returned. It didn't cost us a dime.

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small)September 24, 2008
Cat scratching at a screen door.
Keeping Cats from Scratching Screen Doors
A blue iPod and earbuds on a black leather surface.
Buying an iPod
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen