Device for Finding Keys

I am misplacing my keys a lot. Does anyone know of any device that could help me locate my keys when I can't find them? Something like when you misplace the handset to a phone and you can push the find handset button so you can locate it by the noise.

Ann from MA

Type in "key locator" on google and several products come up.

There are little electronic dots you can put on which I have seen - I have low tech solutions for myself. I put a bell on my key chain years ago so I can jiggle my purse to see if I have my keys with me. And we have designated places we put or hang our keys so we can find them. And my keys are also on a colored lariat. That way they are very rarely lost!

There are alot of devices to attach to a keychain in order to find your keys but I think the easiest way is to simply get in a habit of putting them in the same place every single time. We have a "key drawer" in my house where EVERYONE puts their keys. First thing, we walk in, we dump our keys in that drawer, no matter what! That way, even when I ask my daughter to go get something out of my car, she doesn't have to ask me for my keys, she knows where they are!

I have the same problem. I finally bought a 50 cent alligator clip, put my keys on it, & attach it immediately when I've unlocked my door to my purse strap. In stores, I also attach it right away to my purse straps.

Consumer Advice General AdviceSeptember 23, 2008
Various keys hanging from hooks.
Organizing Keys
Keys hanging on a row of hooks.
Remembering Your Keys
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
Keys on Keyring
Keeping Track of Your Keys