Planting Tomato Trees

I just ordered some tomato trees. Has anyone had these? Do they really produce tomatoes? I will have to plant them in pots as we cannot have a garden where we live, we rent. We love tomatoes and I hate paying for the overpriced "waxy" tomatoes in stores. Thanks for any advice.

By jmz2005 from IL

I found this online,I have never had one.

Giant Tree Tomato

Amazing Super-Species Looks Like A Fruit Tree

Produces Bushels of Tomato Clusters Summer to Fall Basket after basket of juicy mouthwatering beauties up to 2 pounds each... so delicious, so succulent, just one sliced up tree tomato covers an entire slice of bread! A super-growing tree that z-o-o-m-s high as a man IN JUST 3 MONTHS!

A New Crop Of Farm-Fresh Tomatoes Each Week

Yours To Feast On For About A Penny A Piece! A living tomato factory so desperate to produce that for every tomato you pick one week, two more seem to jump forth to take its place. Grow In Yard As A Garden Wonder...Or As A Patio Showpiece! Non-Stop Fruit All Season Long! Supplies .good luck.

I don't believe the "tomato tree" is related to tomatoes, it just has similar fruit. There is absolutely no reason why you can't grow almost any variety of real tomatoes in a pot, much easier than a tomato tree; indeed, tomatoes are a favorite for container gardening.

For guidance, may I recommend The Tasteful Garden (tastefulgarden.com). My daughter ordered their container gardening equipment and starter plants - tomatoes and herbs - and was delighted with her first harvest last year. She discovered another advantage to container gardening: if you planted in the wrong place (not enough sun, etc), just move it!