Planting Tomato Trees

I just ordered some tomato trees. Has anyone had these? Do they really produce tomatoes? I will have to plant them in pots as we cannot have a garden where we live, we rent. We love tomatoes and I hate paying for the overpriced "waxy" tomatoes in stores. Thanks for any advice.

By jmz2005 from IL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I found this online,I have never had one.

Giant Tree Tomato

Amazing Super-Species Looks Like A Fruit Tree

Produces Bushels of Tomato Clusters Summer to Fall Basket after basket of juicy mouthwatering beauties up to 2 pounds each... so delicious, so succulent, just one sliced up tree tomato covers an entire slice of bread! A super-growing tree that z-o-o-m-s high as a man IN JUST 3 MONTHS!

A New Crop Of Farm-Fresh Tomatoes Each Week

Yours To Feast On For About A Penny A Piece! A living tomato factory so desperate to produce that for every tomato you pick one week, two more seem to jump forth to take its place. Grow In Yard As A Garden Wonder...Or As A Patio Showpiece! Non-Stop Fruit All Season Long! Supplies .good luck.

I don't believe the "tomato tree" is related to tomatoes, it just has similar fruit. There is absolutely no reason why you can't grow almost any variety of real tomatoes in a pot, much easier than a tomato tree; indeed, tomatoes are a favorite for container gardening.

For guidance, may I recommend The Tasteful Garden (tastefulgarden.com). My daughter ordered their container gardening equipment and starter plants - tomatoes and herbs - and was delighted with her first harvest last year. She discovered another advantage to container gardening: if you planted in the wrong place (not enough sun, etc), just move it!

Planting Tomatoes
Planting Tomatoes
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMarch 31, 2009
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Couple Celebrating Arbor Day by Planting Tree
Celebrating Arbor Day
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:10:35 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.