Freeze Leftover Vegetables for Soups

Whenever I have leftover vegetables, especially when it is only a small amount, I put them in a 2 pint plastic container with a lid. I always keep this container on a shelf in my freezer, so it is very convenient. I keep adding vegetables no matter what kind they are, right on top of each other, and I always include the juice.

When this container is full, I use it to prepare vegetable soup or stew. This saves me from having to clean out the old vegetables that end up not being used, and I don't have to spend money on more mixed vegetables.

By Bev from Longview, WA

Using Leftover Vegetables, Freezing Green BeansPhoto of green beans with frost on them.
Using Leftover Vegetables
Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceMay 23, 2011
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Jar of pickled tomatoes.
How to Pickle Vegetables
Use Every Bit of Vegetables