Removing Bathmat Adhesive from Tub

How to get the adhesive left in the bath tub, when you remove a bath mat, off?

By maacah from Cranbrook, BC Canada

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If it's a porcelain tub you can scrape off the residue with a single edge razor blade. I would not try that on fiberglass.

Rubbing alcohol has taken adhesive residue off my bathroom sink after I removed one of those sink skirts. I'm not sure what type of tub you have, but you might want to check with the manufacturer before trying anything.

Goof-Off is an inexpensive solvent that won't etch your fiberglass tub and is totally safe on most surfaces.

We use it all the time (my husband uses it to remose the stickers from sheets of glass and other items he uses in his artwork)

It's fantastic.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 7, 2009
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:49:15 PM on 10.0.1.131 in 916 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.