Recycle Plastic Coffee Containers for Storage

I have been using my empty plastic coffee containers for organizing my kitchen lately. I have one full of cookie cutters, one contains my decorating supplies, etc. The small ones are also wonderful for the kids' tiny toys, like plastic dinos or army men.

By Cynthia from Pittsburgh PA

Those are great ideas. Those plastic coffee "cans" are really nice. I use 2 small ones to store tea bags in the cabinet and a large one holds Swiss Miss packets. I haven't saved too many of those cans yet tho as I only recently started buying coffee that way. I like the Maxwell House ones that are blue and have a nice handle....the lid stays on especially nice and seems to have a good airtight seal.

They are also great "blocks" for toddlers. They love to stack them.

Thank you for the ideas....those containers are great for lots of things. They can be painted and decorated or labeled as you fill them. Sure will contain the mess in my cupboards!

I use these and cut out a circle in the top and fill with used plastic bags. Just pull out the bags. It holds a lot of bags and takes up very little room.

Is there a good way to remove the coffee odor from these? I would love to turn the ones I have into a canister set but am worried about the smell leaching into what I put in there.

read in another post: fill container with water & add 1/4 cup vinegar & leave it sit overnight. :))

Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans, A plastic red container of ground coffee.
Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 29, 2008
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers