My dog, Sugar, is in need of surgery for a malignant tumor and needs surgery asap or she could die. Are there any financial services in the metro area of Washington, DC or Maryland that could help me? I am in dire financial need.
By Janet from Hyattsville, MD
Call your local Humane Society or local government animal control offices and explain your predicament. They may have phone numbers of organizations that may be able to help you. Also, look up veterinary schools in your area, as they may be able to provide you with other leads.
Good luck to you and your Sugar. I wish you well.
I'm sorry to here this being a dog lover also. Our Lab was dying, has Addison's. Our vet worked with us on the bills.. Many vets are very compassionate and loyal; especially if you've been a long time client. Perhaps you could work out payments with him and add this to your budget.
Here's something I found on a website. There might be a website or two that would be relevant in giving you financial assistance for treating your dog. I understand how distraught you can be over one of your loving dog's poor health:
List of organizations for People that need Emergency Funding for Sick or Injured Animals when Owners are in Financial Hardship.
1) Rose's Fund for Animals (www.Rosesfund.Com ) Excellent Website is a List of Helping Organizations Private Citizens. 877-505-4234
2) Active Giving, Free Set Up Donation On Website, They Take 6.5% It Takes A Couple Weeks Get $$$ But Worth A Shot www.Activegiving.Com 888-543-7223
3) Animal Welfare (Closed Friday Through Monday ) 888-616-9663
4) Canine Cancer Awareness (www.Caninecancerawareness.Org ) Have Limited Funds Right Now But Can Put Your Pet A List A Sponsor's Needed Page
7) Codys Club (www.Bravehost.Com Helps With Animal Radiation Treatments
8) Good Sam Fund (www.Goodsamfund.Org) Worth a Try
9) The Mosby Foundation (www.Themosbyfoundation.Org) Animal Emergency Funding
10) Onyx Breezy Foundation (www.Onyxbreezyfoundation.Org ) Help Fund Pets Medical Treatment where Owner is in Financial Hardship.
11) The Pet Fund (www.Thepetfund.Org) Helps Pay Animal Medical Bills.
12) Piggers Pals.Org, Out of Funding Now But In The Future?
13) The American Veterinary Medical Association Website. Help.
14) Veterinary Schools.Com. Help.
15) Shelterdogs Dream Dogs, Shelterdogsdreamdogs.Com. Rescues Dogs Trains Dogs Be Therapy Dogs
I have found that many of these people and organizations have very limited funds and really try to help everyone so you may have to get assistance from many to achieve your goal as I did but you can do it with due diligence, a lot of phone calls. Don't give up. Our pets are Worth Saving!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!