Grants for Costs Not Paid By Medicare?

August 4, 2011

Couple Reviewing Medicare CostsMy mom is 77 and is on small fixed income and she needs new dentures and hearing aids are there any grants out there for her?

By John W from St. Paul, MN



August 4, 20112 found this helpful
Best Answer

Check with your Department of Social Services and see if they know of any available help for your Mom. They also have a section in their office called Adult Services for Aging. I'm familiar with that because I am 71. They also help with homemaker services. I know here in SD, there is a department that helps people with dentures. I have a friend who got new dentures through them about a year ago, but I can't contact her right now, every now and then she becomes incommunicado, she does this once in awhile, when she wants to get away from everything. Also check with your Easter Seal Office(the one in your area.) I know at one time people could donate hearing aids to them and they would be refurbished and in turn loaned/given out. They weren't the real fancy little ones, but they did work.

Reply Was this helpful? 2

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 472 Feedbacks
August 5, 20111 found this helpful
Best Answer

Definitely check with State agencies, I know that in Oklahoma, the State will cover the cost of hearing aids twice in the person's lifetime. My state has no such law, but who knows what you may find.


I'd also call doctor's offices, audiologists, etc, since they may be aware of where to call for info.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
Answer this Question

More Questions

Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

September 4, 2010

I need help to pay for new dentures. I'm a low income disabled senior. I will appreciate any info.

By Diane Porter from Weatherford, TX


September 8, 20100 found this helpful
Best Answer

Try Affordable Dentures, I don't know if they have it in your area or not. I live in Ga. and went to Florida to get mine. Its a one day service from impressions to dentures. There are 3 different prices, Economy-$275, is the most used, I'm sorry I can't remember the other prices, but the more you spend the better the quality, The economy lasts for 2 yrs.


The other 2 (custom or premium) lasts 14 yrs. Go to Affordable Hope this helps.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question
Budget & Finance HealthcareSeptember 16, 2014
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-10-19 11:19:06 in 4 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.