< Previous

Looking for Grants for Heath Care Costs Not Paid By Medicare

My mom is 77 and is on small fixed income and she needs new dentures and hearing aids are there any grants out there for her?

By John W from St. Paul, MN


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

August 4, 20112 found this helpful
Best Answer

Check with your Department of Social Services and see if they know of any available help for your Mom. They also have a section in their office called Adult Services for Aging. I'm familiar with that because I am 71. They also help with homemaker services. I know here in SD, there is a department that helps people with dentures. I have a friend who got new dentures through them about a year ago, but I can't contact her right now, every now and then she becomes incommunicado, she does this once in awhile, when she wants to get away from everything. Also check with your Easter Seal Office(the one in your area.) I know at one time people could donate hearing aids to them and they would be refurbished and in turn loaned/given out. They weren't the real fancy little ones, but they did work.

Reply Was this helpful? 2
August 5, 20111 found this helpful
Best Answer

Definitely check with State agencies, I know that in Oklahoma, the State will cover the cost of hearing aids twice in the person's lifetime. My state has no such law, but who knows what you may find. I'd also call doctor's offices, audiologists, etc, since they may be aware of where to call for info.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
August 4, 20110 found this helpful

You could also check at whatever hospital your mom does business with. Sometimes the Social Workers, or Case Managers will help people with programs such as those, even if they are not current patients.


That is how I found out that my mom qualified for a certain type of Medicaid that helps pay for her medications. She only has to pay about $3-$10 for each one.
Hope you find something that will help your mom!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 5, 20110 found this helpful

You could check with your local Lions Club.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 5, 20111 found this helpful

The Lions Club only helps with eye glasses.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
August 11, 20110 found this helpful

http://www.dhs.  ocName=id_006271

http://www.heal  care-plans/msho/

Check these out, they help with situations like this. :)
Best of Luck

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 15, 20141 found this helpful

I have been searching for some kind of financial help. I have been a paraplegic for many years and now am living on a fixed income. Now I have equipment that is wore out , Dr bills, etc..


The place that has helped the most is DSHS believe it or not. Everyplace else want you to pay before they'll help. Its a starting place, be prepared calling from home or going in makes no time difference, so I stayed home with speaker phone on.

Reply Was this helpful? 1

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In These Guides
< Previous
Budget & Finance AdviceAugust 4, 2011
Father's Day Ideas!
Pest Control
Fourth of July Ideas!
Summer Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/05/25 01:43:20 in 715 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!