Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

Unfortunately sometimes the deodorant we use can stain our clothing. This is a guide about deodorant that won't stain clothing.

May 18, 2007 Flag

Do antiperspirants cause yellow stains on underarms of mens white shirts? if so, what is the best kind of deodorant to use?

Marilyn from Mobile, AL

Best Answer

I also use a Deodorant Crystal it works and doesn't stain. It is a little more exp. but lasts a long time, over a year. It also does not include aluminums which is suppose to be harmful.

Best Answer

Aluminum is the active ingredient in most anti-perspirants and is responsible for the stains. If you switch to a strictly deodorant product you won't have the same problem. Usually the only aluminum-free products out there are of the all-natural variety; some of them don't work well and can have scents that are worse than BO, but I really Tom's of Maine deodorant stick in the Lemongrass scent. No stains or stinkiness so far!

Best Answer

Well I think that the best result for not getting those nasty yellow marks on shirts is LEMON! Use lemon after you shower for about a week. It will stop the yellow marks and you wont stink. Mexican people used it. I used to stain my white shirts, and my friend told me about the lemon. I though she was just kidding, but I tried it and it worked. After a week, you can start using your deodorant. Hope this works for you :)

You can use any anti-perspirant with aluminum in it, just let it completely dry before putting your shirt on or before sweating. This will stop the staining. I ruined many shirts but since I've been doing this I've solved that problem! So let it dry and don't put too much; just a little is enough, try it!

Try cider vinegar on underarms and other areas of the body as a natural deodorant. Will not stop perspiration (which is not healthy anyway) but will neutralize odor.

If you don't want stained clothing. Try Axe dry wait five minutes and no stains. Axe doesn't last that long but it sure does smell great.

I found what might be the "HOLY GRAIL" of stain free deodorants and a method that fixes the problem!

I have spent so much money on new work shirts, new casual shirts, and new undershirts. Finally, a friend of mine who had the same problem did several experiments with different products, and figured out a combination.

First (and foremost), before you wear a shirt, wash it and use vinegar in the washing cycle and never use either Liquid OR Dryer sheets for softener on the shirts that have issues. Predominantly, shirts that contain cotton will have the most issues, since cotton fiber is like velcro, and everything clings to it, and any sort of softener only makes it 'stickier'.

Then, right after you get out of the shower, cool your body off then squeeze a lemon wedge around the entire area surrounding your armpit. Let it set for a couple minutes then completely dry the underarm area thoroughly.

The deodorant that does not cake up on cotton or materials is called "Herbal Clear". I use "Sport" fragrance or sometimes "Outdoor", because it smells really good like the major name ones. It contains Tea Tree Oil, so it also helps with any minor irritations, and says it's Hypoallergenic. The company is out of Tempe, AZ, and the back of the stick has the website: 21stcenturyvitamins.com , but I buy it at WinCo Foods, Trader Joe's or Albertson's. WinCo sells it for about $3.50, but TJ's or Albertson's sell it for $5, so I always stock up at WinCo. I noticed that it comes in 4 fragrances and one fragrance free.

Good luck everyone, I think this is the solution! :)

I just made a homemade deodorant. We can't believe how well it works. It does provide antiperspirant protection, too!

My husband who has hair under his arms (doesn't shave like some swimmers or bodybuilders or bikers) said to me--if this stuff works this well, why are people using the other stuff? My answer: our ancestors used this. Commercialism and profits created a new market.

The recipe is as follows. I use a cream "base" but my husband just uses the powder. Pennies to prepare. Smells fresh and incredible.

Natural Cream Base (apply with fingertips), use with powder, not alone

3 T coconut oil (I use spectrum organic)

2 drops tea tree oil

2 T rose water* (optional)

1 Vit E capsule, punctured prior to use (don't use gel capsule itself)

Melt above ingredients in micro or in a glass container. Whisk well.

Store in container. Product will harden but upon body contact with fingers will melt. Spread on moist or dry underarms--doesn't matter prior to using powder. Do not use this alone. It works best with powder below. Coconut oil is natural anitbac and tea tree is antibac, antifung, etc. Rosewater is optional but smells nice!

*Rosewater: cover 2 cups fresh-picked ORGANIC (do not use florist roses or roses that have been sprayed with chemicals or any kind) rose petals with boiling water. Let steep five minutes. Strain. Add 1 tsp glycerin and 1 tsp vodka (optional) to preserve. Store in refrigerator is no vodka is used

Basic Powder Deodorant (use with above cream or alone. Works best iwth cream)

1/2 cup baking soda (Arm and Hammer is USP or so is most generic)

1/2 cup cornstarch

few drops tea tree oil

few drops essential oil of choice

2 bay leafs, whole

Mix in a small airtight container. Apply with kabuki brush or cotton ball my pressing, not brushing onto above cream or moist, not dry underarms. Leave the bay leaf in container--it smells lovely. I add a mint tea packet also--it also imparts a great fragrance.

*This is the best deodorant I have ever used in my life. My 10 year old son is ordor free for the first time. We don't like using dangerous chemicals or antiperspirants. This provides antiperspirant qualities as well.

There has been absolutely no odor after 24 hours before showering (after sweating even!) for my husband, son or I. This is incredible. Give it a try, even if it's to make a very small batch (try a sampler 1 T baking soda to 1 T cornstarch, I think the tea tree oil is a must, also the bay leaf is great!)

Enjoy. Does not stain. Any stains , if they would happen, would wash away. Baking soda will only soften your water. Cornstarch dissolves easily. I have never noticed any staining. Also great to use as body powder.

I avoid the deodorants that you get in the stores, the aluminum based chemicals in them are seriously toxic.The body is supposed to sweat, and blocking that ability with anti-perspirants is actually very unhealthy. I use a simple mixture of water and baking soda, and only have to use it once a day. There is absolutely no odor.

Also, sweat stains have alot to do with diet as well. Your body doesn't absorb everything you put into it...so it has to go somewhere. Drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits and veg...shocking but it really does affect it.

The absolute best solution is to dampen a sponge, sprinkle on baking soda, and apply to underarms. It works great and is very inexpensive. It won't stain clothing and eliminates any body odor issues. Simple and cheap!

May 18, 2007 Flag

I'm looking for a deodorant that is not expensive or homemade that kills odors and leaves less yellowish stains on blouses and shirts.

Thank you,
Lina

Answers:

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

I am not sure if you can get this product where you live, but here in the UK I have found the best deodorant I have ever used is 'Vaseline Intensive Care Anti-Perspirant Deodorant roll on. I give it 10/10 and it saw me through two years of hot flashes (My underarms were the only place that was dry then!) I recommend this to everybody. I hope you can get it where you are. Best wishes to you. (05/16/2005)

By Monique

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

Mitchum, clear gel, anti-perspirant and deodorant works well for me. (05/16/2005)

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

My husband used to get bad deodorant stains on his shirts and undershirts. I asked him to wait 5 minutes to let it dry before putting them on, and no stains.

To remove stains on washable shirts and blouses, soak overnight (or longer) in a solution of 1 cup powdered dishwasher detergent and 1 gallon lukewarm water mixed well. Then wash as usual. This gets out most stains. (05/16/2005)

By Jean

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

Maybe just changing your brand of deodorant will do it. Not all will stain clothes. (05/16/2005)

By

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

Suave roll-on is what I use and I love it, I've never noticed any staining whatsoever. It's not expensive either. (05/16/2005)

By Ginger

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

Crystal Stick Body deoeorant is great. It is 100% Natural Mineral Salts. Hypoallergenic, eliminates odor, last over one year. It is for men and women. Unscented, non-staining and can be used on underarms or feet. It is the only one I use now after trying dozens in the past. Buy it at Rite Aide drug stores or possibly the internet. Check it out. (05/16/2005)

By Grannyz

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

I really like Dove deodorant. It smells great with many different scents. It works great. I've never had any problem with under arm stains.
GOD Bless. (05/16/2005)

By Susie

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

Trader Joes brand doesn't stain but doesn't work that well. (05/29/2005)

By

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

Arrid Extra Dry antiperspirant Deodorant CREAM. It comes in a short round white jar and it advertises that it will not stain. I tried and it and it decreased the amount of new stains, but didn't eliminate them all together. Other friends swear by it though. Got it at Wegman's. (04/24/2006)

By Jess

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

Dermalogica's deodorant does not build up and does not stain. It is not an antiperspirant - but that's a small price to pay compared to ruining clothing with other brands like Mitchum or other antiperspirant formulas. The crystal is good too but eventually was too strong for the skin and caused irritation and a rash after a few months. (06/28/2006)

By SLF

Deodorant That Won't Stain Clothing

Gillete seems to work best for men. (12/25/2006)

By Joe

Guys, shave your armpits!

I've had the same problem happen with many of my tan and brown shirts staining to orange under the arms. I'll certainly be trying the recommendations on this page.

One thing I do, as a guy, which helps is to shave my underarm hair. Anti-persperants only work if they have direct contact with the skin. Hair just gets in the way. By doing so, I'm able to apply less than I would otherwise. (04/02/2007)

By Neal

Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 17, 2016
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🎉
🎄