Tax Software Reviews

A lot of people are doing their taxes online or using tax software. What software do you use to do your taxes? Post your review below.

I use Taxslayer on line. It's easy, cheap (or free) and if you efile you can have your refund back in about 10 days. We've used this for several years without any problems

I used Tax Cut from H and R block. We went to their offices last year and paid $170 for a simple return. It took me just about all day but I got our taxes done, my business and my boys' taxes done in one day. Only $20. If you make under $52,000 go to www.irs.gov you can do your taxes and efile for free!! www.NoDebt4U.org

Good luck!!

I used Tax Act this year. It was easy and much cheeper than Turbo Tax which I have used for several years.

I've been using TurboTax online for the last several years. It is nice because it fills in past info and is very easy. This year, my mother helped me and she had purchased the TurboTax software. I just got my state refund back today and am expecting my federal refund any day now.

Jess from Portland

I just did my taxes yesterday using TurboTax (first time using it) and was very pleased. It was so EASY. And, I sure couldn't fault the price - FREE ! ! ! I will probably use it again next year.

I live in Canada and I have used www.netfile.ca

for 4 years now, they are free also depending on your income.

Turbo Tax is by far the best!!! I tried Tax Cut three years ago and was very disappointed as they were missing some very important updates and they didn't have them in updates. Turbo Tax might be more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I also use Taxslayer! We have very easy taxes and we've used them twice with much success.

I've used TaxCut for years. Every now and then I'll use TurboTax to get the free copy of Quicken (after rebate) but I prefer TaxCut. It could just be that is what I'm used to but I'm happy with it so I'll stick with it.

My DH and I always used an accountant to prepare our taxes, very expen$ive and we ALWAYS found errors--the one year the error we caught was for over $1000! So technically since we were doing our own taxes anyhow, we tried Turbo Tax Deluxe this year (we had a coupon at Costco and got it for $21) This was a Godsend! Not only was it a fraction of the cost of the accountant, we did our state and federal taxes in one afternoon and ended up with a highest tax return we received in years! I totally recommend this product, we will be using it every year instead of the accountant!

GO TO IRS.GOV. A lot of people can use TurboTax for free (as well as other software; I think H&R Block is even there.) IRS offers this because they want everyone to file electronically. Go to IRS.Gov and click on "free file". Do your taxes and if there is a charge they will let you know at the end Some individuals can even file electronically for free. In any case it's not going to cost you any more than if you bought it outright (It;s the same software sold in the stores. I have been going to the IRS website for 5 years. I Prepare taxes for myself, my son, and 3 friends. Last yr mine was free as well as a friend; we're both over 65. It's free to lower income people as well and those filing earned income credit. A note though, if you have a business that verson of TurboTax is not available. I used to tell this to people & they would say "but I have investments, or I itemize, etc. They can still get it at the IRS website. It's worth a try. One of my friends was paying an accounant $150 and when I did his taxes his cost was less than $20. AND THE SOFTWARE THAT ACCOUNT USED WAS TURBOTAX; go figure.

We've used tax act online for the last few years.

It gives great step by step instructions and will

retain information from your federal return so you

may file the state return faster.

You do not even have to do it all at once, you can

go back in another day and finish it.

It will keep your name, address, etc information

from one year to the next. If anything changes, you

just change it when you go back in.

You would need to sign up and use a password.

There are different charges for the different

packages. We've been using the package with

the free federal and about $15 fee for the state

and we think it works great.

We had tried the turbotax and it was way too confusing

and wouldn't let us put some information in.

here is the site:

http://www.taxact.com/tsupport/index.asp?o=OL

Budget & Finance Tax Tips 2006February 9, 2007
Computer Browser
Troubleshooting Computer Software
Gifted Money
Paying Taxes on Gifted Money
Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software
🎄