Sofa Repair Information

By Robert D Kline 2

I have a sectional sofa that needs repair to the sagging springs in the seats. I have been looking for someone to repair it and have had no luck. Could someone recommend a business in the San Francisco Area.

If not, is there a manual on how to do the work myself? Does anyone have any tips? I've been working on this for some time now and am getting frustrated. I haven't had any luck on the internet, so far.

Thanks for your help.

Bob from San Francisco

Showing: Answers Sort

By Jill 2 52 Flag

Look under upholstery repair in the yellow pages, You can buy new spring units and do it yourself or take it to a upholstery repair shop and they will replace them. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& ... rancisco%2CCA&btnG=Google+Search

Jill

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By irene 8 49 Flag

Go to your local library and get a book on upholstery. The instructions for replacing springs should be in there.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jo Bodey 1 234 Flag

That was my suggestion too - a book from the library on upholstry! You may not need to replace the springs - usually these are sew to strips of hessian or other heavy material which may have come adrift and you may just need to replace the hessian. You will have to start by taking the base off the chair - some are solid, some are fabric and having a look. Upholstry is not difficult - you just need to be methodical in dismantling the interior of the chair and replacing everything in reverse order. The books usually have a section in the back for upholstry supplies, like hessian strips, springs, upholstry needles, so try to get a locally written one who will recommend local suppliers.

Regards

Jo

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

The lever on the left side of my reclining love seat broke.

Can I get a new one?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

My Cat has Clawed the Corners of my Sofa can someone tell me if it is possible to fix this without having to get it completely reupholstered?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

my sofa is a three seater. one end has a sagging seat. any suggestions on how to repair. I am a do-it-yourselfer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

the legs of my sofa broke. how much will cost to replace them? (small legs) 2" tall""

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I repaired the wood frame on my love seat but now I don't how to reconnect the flat springs onto the opposite side.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Sagging Couch
Fixing a Sagging Couch
Previous
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RepairFebruary 26, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Sagging Couch
Fixing a Sagging Couch
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:19:18 AM on 10.0.2.163 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings