Waxy Buildup on Your Skin From Deodorant - Categories:

AdviceSkin Care

Waxy Buildup on Your Skin From Deodorant

How do you remove the waxy buildup on your skin from stick antiperspirants / deodorants? Need a solvent for the wax and soap doesn't work.

G. Baldauf from San Francisco, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

When you shower, use an exfoliant (mild skin scrubber) this not only will remove the wax, but will remove any dead skin cells and your skin will be as soft as a baby's.

EXFOLIANTS include

* Apricot face scrubbing cleaner by St. Ives. This is my favorite, but when I'm out I use:

* Plain old table SALT or SUGAR mixed with bit of baby oil or cooking oil to a "creamy" consistency You can add a bit of shampoo to it, but the shampoo has water in it and this will "melt" the salt or sugar so use it right away after adding the shampoo. DO NOT add water!

You can use this to scrub your armpits, then use it all over your body as well, follow with your usual soap, and rinse. Your skin will love you for it. Do this no more than once a week. BE CAREFUL the oil will make your shower a bit slippery, so only use it to scrub your feet when you're sitting down!

If you need to remove the wax without taking a shower, use a paper towel, wash cloth or a cotton make up pad and to this add plain old rubbing alcohol and scrub. And while your at it, get a clean pad and use the alcohol to clean your neck and behind your ears, this works great. I use this on my son who gets the dirtiest neck!

Also if you're ever camping or hiking and get a bit smelly and need a quickie cleaning, use rubbing alcohol or vodka to clean your arm pits. This works great as it kills the germs that cause odor.

Best Answer

When showering, to remove the waxy build-up of deodorant, I use full-strength Suave '2 in 1' shampoo; used with it is a waffle-patterned cloth that's usually used for washing dishes. The pattern helps exfoliate your skin. If the build up isn't being removed fast enough, just add more shampoo to your cloth. Depending on the amount of build up, you may have to fully cover your underarms with full strength shampoo.

In-between showers, full-strength alcohol is used on a tissue, paper towel or damp dish/wash cloth like mentioned above; the dishcloth removes it faster. The alcohol eradicates odor and can be substituted for deodorant in a 'pinch' ... it will have to be reapplied every few hours, depending on how much you sweat.

Best Answer

Fast Orange! Yes, the mechanics hand cleaner. I have used this and it works wonderfully. It is also great for removing skunk oil from your dog, should you have that problem.

Try using rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball.

H-m-mmmm, I've been using a mail-order Hospital

Scrub from Oxford Chemicals, in Atlanta,GA, for YEARS, for that very purpose. I will run out of my last order from 10 years ago (yes, it lasted well, but the company has since changed the formula, I understand) this year, I believe. It was the ONLY soap that I knew of that did the trick for my residual

deodorant. It had to be ordered by the 4 gallons, so my family and I split the order up and used it for most everything as well. Since then, they have changed it to something else, NOT hospital scrub any longer, I hear. Perhaps Phisohex or similar OTHER hospital scrub would do the trick now? Since I worked in hospitals as a young adult I learned it was

ome of the best for a number of things. I have VERY sensitive skin, too sensitive to scrub with salt, or apply alcohol to, which I have tried, so I know. Being a female, I shave my underarms and that makes them WAY too sensitive to be harshly treated.

They get rashes and stay sore over just a drop of

imple perfumed product if applied after shaving.

I knew that I would never be able to overcome the

residual from all odor and deodorants. Hope this helps someone? : )

Try using summers eve feminine wash with a sponge or washcloth, it removes the residue and leave you feeling soft and clean.

Apply powder to the waxy part. Just pat it, don't scrub but rub it up. It'll stick to the wax and help the soap get under it. Rinse, Coat on more powder and wash good. Soap and water don't work because anti-perspirant is waterproof by nature.

All these deodorants sound great. Avoid any white stick or roll on for the armpit residue issue. I use a gel stick.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceDecember 1, 2006
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Pink and red daisies in a clear glass vase.
Cleaning Buildup Inside a Vase
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 23, 2016 at 9:49:07 PM on 10.0.2.187 in 963 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.