Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Can I Buy Dishwasher Detergent With Phosphates?

Where can you buy dishwasher soaps with phosphates?

By Joseph

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Pixiedust7 [7]02/18/2011

Please do not use detergents with phosphates, they have been banned for good reason. Any Google search will turn up 100s of articles about how they are harmful to the environment. The detergents themselves also contain harmful chemicals. There are plenty of tips in the Thrifty Fun archives for washing anything and everything with natural and less harmful items like vinegar, baking soda etc., which you can also find through Googling. Please don't add to the problem.

By Beth [25]02/17/2011

17 states (last I knew) have outlawed phosphates in automatic dishwasher detergent. Depending upon how close you are to a neighboring state, you could check out their stores.

By jlyn [3]02/16/2011

I have heard that you can buy from a restaurant supply store. You can also buy the phosphate separately and add it to your washer. Just make sure it is sodium tripolyphosphate and not TSP. You can google it and order it online. Also buy some "lemi-shine" at the grocery store or Walmart and add this to your wash. It works great. Hope this helps.

By Mary C. [12]02/16/2011

I have heard you can buy dishwasher soaps with phosphates at janitorial supply stores.