Make a Raised Garden in an Old Bath Tub

Why not make a raised garden in an old bath tub? The reason I ask is that when my hubby and I were at a flea market, they had a very large old bath tub for sale. I said to him, that will make a very good raised bed garden; just put some holes in the bottom. Then fill the bottom with rocks or something, so it will take less dirt to fill it up with composted manure.

You'll have a raised bed garden for life and for somebody else after you have gone on to a better place. I already have the above with cement blocks around it. It will also last longer than I will. Good luck.

By kffrmw88 from Dothan, AL

I did this when changing the bathroom. I put a wooden fence round it, planted a winter savoury bush and lots of nasturtiums and marigolds. Lovely. Marg from England

Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersJuly 9, 2009
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub