Browsing: Preventing Dry Chicken

Preventing Dry Chicken

I cook and freeze chicken and poultry to use for meals later. I'm finding that the meat is very dry. Any suggestions on how to prevent this from occurring?

Mindy

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I am chuckling about this because everyone is giving you cooking tips, but that isn't your issue. It is how the chicken comes out after freezing it. The only thing I can think of is that you freeze it in some juice/gravy as well, then when it thaws it will thaw in the juice unless of course if you grill it. This is a tough one because I am not sure there is a definite solution. Sorry I wasn't much help.

Best Answer

What works for me is to cook my chicken in a crockpot versus oven. I like dark meat chicken, so I will buy family packs (when on sale) of boneless thighs, cook in crockpot on a weekend afternoon. Shred or cube chicken, and store in freezer bag. I also make sure to get as much air out of the freezer bag as possible..I think this may help as well. I make casseroles and chicken salad, etc. during the week from this chicken, and I haven't had any dry chicken yet from the freezer. Hope this might work for you.

Thanks to the editors for posting all the previous replies about dry chicken ~ <P>

I should clarify -- the chicken is fine after being cooked, it is when I freeze it and it thaws out that it becomes dry. So I am havig issues with the freezing step.

Any Suggestions?

Several pieces of grilled chicken on a black plate against a white background
Preventing Dry Chicken
Food and Recipes Food TipsApril 7, 2008
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 11:47:58 PM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.