Why Doesn't Junk Mail Get Sorted Into Junk Mail Folder?

Hello Frugal friends,

I was wanting to know why all my junk mail isn't going into my junk mail folder, it always goes into my inbox. That's a pain to separate all the time. Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it all.

Teresa, I don't know which your e-mail carrier you have, but Yahoo, MyWay and Hotmail allow you to mark junk e-mail as "spam" (or "junk" in Hotmail). I do that everytime spam gets into my "inbox" and pretty soon, you have a fairly junk free inbox. There are always one or 2 that slip through from time to time. On the other hand, you also need to check your junk folder to make sure "good" e-mail didn't slip in there....I've had that happen several times, too.

I have Hotmail

When you click on mail on the right side you will see OPTIONS l HELP

Click on options, then Junk E Mail Protection, then Junk E Mail Filter.

You now have 3 options: Low, Enchanced, Exclusive

Click on the one that you think will be best.

I have Exclusive and very rarely get junk mail in my inbox.

Always check you junk mail before you delete it for e-mails that you want to receive in your inbox.

Any e-mails in your junk mail that you want to receive in your inbox check the box beside it and click on not junk, then you can add it to your contacts or to a safe list and they will always go directly to your inbox.

We are allowed 200 addresses on our safe list on Hotmail.

If you don't have hotmail look for OPTIONS or something similar when you sign in or open your mail.

Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Computers SpamAugust 7, 2007
Little boy in a brown bunny costume.
Making an Easter Rabbit Costume
Pile of Junk Mail
Disposing of Junk Mail
Mailbox overflowing with junk mail.
Reducing Junk Mail
Uses for Junk Mail, Mailbox Full of Junk Mail
Uses for Junk Mail
🎉
🎄