Poll: Have you had a customer service nightmare this year?

Today's poll asks: Have you had a customer service nightmare this year?

Feel free to share your experience in the feedback forum below.

I purchased a HP desktop computer last October. In December I had to run a complete Recovery disk on it, thereby losing all my programs and settings. Three months later the computer began losing its settings and finally failed to boot up. I called Tech support and was told by someone in India to take it to a computer shop to get my data off it and then call back. I did. New guy in India. He didn't know anything about it. The first guy forgot to assign a case number. He kept asking what the screen said. I explained that it was in the shop. He kept telling me this was impossible. Went and got the computer back. Called India again. New guy again. He didn't know anything. Nothing had been recorded. He finally gave me a case number. I read what the screen said about boot failure and that the computer shop told me I had a harddrive failure. He said that was impossible! He had me hit a number of keys and annnounced I had a harddrive failure. They would ship me a new harddrive and for $30 a tech would come out and install it. I told him I would install it myself. Two weeks later my HP is up and running again. And 3 months later - another harddrive failure! More back and forth with someone reading from a manual in India. Finally emailed HP and demanded new computer. They refused. They sent a tech out to the house to run a complete check on all parts of the computer and install a new harddrive. The tech came and installed the new harddrive. He did not check anything. I have not tocuhed the computer this last month. I am using my old laptop. I have a useless, still under warranty, HP sitting on the floor. I can't find the address or any way to reach someone in HP to help. The CEO has made it clear she is unconcerned. I have found out since that I have lots of company when it comes to HP!

Nightmare Before Christmas Diaper Cake
Making a Nightmare Before Christmas Diaper Cake
Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Advice on Canceling Cable and Phone Service
using a laptop
Using Translation Websites
Avoiding ATM Fees
Avoiding ATM Fees
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 6:09:46 PM on in 846 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.