Berry Patch Coffee Cake
This coffee cake is a great option for brunch with friends. It can be served warm or cold.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8oz.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (opt.)
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter and cream cheese in large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Blend in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Alternately add dry ingredients and milk to cream cheese mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in pecans, if desired.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 9x13 inch baking pan. Dot with preserves; swirl knife through batter several times for marbled effect.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 25, 2017 at 10:34:14 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us