Making Breakfast Cereal Coffee Cake
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
March 12, 2019
I'm the only one who eats breakfast cereal in my house. By the time I get to the end of the box, it's not always so fresh. Now I like to incorporate cereal into some of my recipes for a fun twist. This coffee cake has been well accepted. I used a cereal that had dried fruit and clusters with the cornflakes. You can use any type you like.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 9 servings
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cup cereal
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter, egg and milk.
- Beat the dry mixture into the wet mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the 2 1/2 cups cereal.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x9 inch baking dish.
- To make the topping, mix together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cut in the 2 tablespoons of butter. It should be lumpy.
- Crush the 1/2 cup cereal in a bag and stir it into the topping mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with the topping mixture. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, approximately 35 minutes.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.