Breakfast Cereal Coffee Cake
I'm the only one who eats breakfast cereal in my house. By the time I get to the end of the box, it's not always so fresh. Now I like to incorporate cereal into some of my recipes for a fun twist. This coffee cake has been well accepted. I used a cereal that had dried fruit and clusters with the cornflakes. You can use any type you like.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 9 servings
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cup cereal
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter, egg and milk.
- Beat the dry mixture into the wet mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the 2 1/2 cups cereal.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x9 inch baking dish.
- To make the topping, mix together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cut in the 2 tablespoons of butter. It should be lumpy.
- Crush the 1/2 cup cereal in a bag and stir it into the topping mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with the topping mixture. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, approximately 35 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!