Pattern for a Clergy Stole

Does anyone have a pattern to make a clergy stole? I would like to make one to be worn by the person marrying us as a gift.

By Jacci from Medina, OH

Check your public library, reference desk for ecclesiastical wear/patterns. The library will probably have books with patterns for church soft wares, if not, I'm sure they can either get you a book by inter-library loan or direct you to an internet site.

Try looking in the Halloween section of the pattern books at places like Jo-Ann or Hobby Lobby. Since Hobby Lobby is a Christian Organization, I like to purchase materials there. My husband is a pastor and I have crocheted stoles as well. Ask at your church if there is an old set of stoles and you can use them to make a pattern as well. The idea of a special stole is a great gift! Just make sure that the designs on them are appropriate for the church season and that they match the liturgical colors for the date of the wedding. Different denominations have different colors at various times of the church year. I know of few pastors who have wedding stoles in the various colors so this is fantastic!

Crafts SewingJanuary 10, 2010
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
a woman sewing
Altering Misses Size Pants Pattern to Petite
flip flop quilt
Making a Flip Flop Quilt
Sewing Without a Pattern