Organizing Individual Fabric Craft Projects

When I am pulling fabrics together to make a particular pattern, I place all the fabric, the pattern, any notions, trims, and such in a large Ziploc bag and hang the bag on a pants hanger. (Ready to go.)

I just hang it in my sewing room closet along with others that are ready. This is especially nice when I go to sew the crazy quilt purses, because there is a lot of piecing as well as a lot of embellishing to do.

By Judy from Birmingham, AL

Judy do you have a website, I for one would love to see your work! Great organizational tip!

I make purses, bags, and totes too, this is a great idea. I too gather all my materials but putting them in a zip bag is a great idea.

I do love your organization ideas. I also sew and I organize a little different and I am fortunate enough to have the basement mainly for sewing :) . What I do is pin each of the pieces I cut out and write in the Dt, and dimensions. Then I use a clean, wide and low sturdy cardboard box, like you would find produce in, and put the material, pattern, thread, and any other notions, all in this box. As I make adaptations, on the pattern instruction sheet, I note them as well as the date and time of the update. Doing this saves me a lot of headaches for the next time I work on the project. I love to sew and hope to be sewing for a long time to come.

When I read "luckyducky's post, I thought of an idea. You could tape a little piece of fabric on the outside of each box in order to see what is inside.

Craft Scissors and Paper
Organizing Craft Projects
Organizing CraftsApril 26, 2010
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
sewing machine
Using Fabric Selvage Edges for Crafts
Fabric Yo Yo
Making Fabric Yo Yos
🎄
🍂