Organizing Individual Fabric Craft Projects

When I am pulling fabrics together to make a particular pattern, I place all the fabric, the pattern, any notions, trims, and such in a large Ziploc bag and hang the bag on a pants hanger. (Ready to go.)

I just hang it in my sewing room closet along with others that are ready. This is especially nice when I go to sew the crazy quilt purses, because there is a lot of piecing as well as a lot of embellishing to do.

By Judy from Birmingham, AL

Judy do you have a website, I for one would love to see your work! Great organizational tip!

I make purses, bags, and totes too, this is a great idea. I too gather all my materials but putting them in a zip bag is a great idea.

I do love your organization ideas. I also sew and I organize a little different and I am fortunate enough to have the basement mainly for sewing :) . What I do is pin each of the pieces I cut out and write in the Dt, and dimensions. Then I use a clean, wide and low sturdy cardboard box, like you would find produce in, and put the material, pattern, thread, and any other notions, all in this box. As I make adaptations, on the pattern instruction sheet, I note them as well as the date and time of the update. Doing this saves me a lot of headaches for the next time I work on the project. I love to sew and hope to be sewing for a long time to come.

When I read "luckyducky's post, I thought of an idea. You could tape a little piece of fabric on the outside of each box in order to see what is inside.