Removing Kerosene From Wool

How do I remove kerosene from wool or an unwashable fabric.

Barron from Bethlehem, PA

It it is unwashable, I would check with the drycleaner.

We use kerosene heaters in our home. I spill the stuff all the time. It is oily. The best way I know to attack oil is to use a liquid dish soap or detergent straight on the fabric and gently work into the area. The soap cuts the oil. Then rinse with water. Never use water first. Some wool can be washed in cold water. If it is a small area, you could try a bit of soap and then rinse carefully with cold water. Make sure to reshape it and let it dry flat.

Hope that helps!

If it's only kerosene, simply hang the item outside and permit it to dry. This could take a few days in cold temperatures, an afternoon in warm summer sun. If it still has an objectionable odor or has a stain, get it dry cleaned.

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricDecember 7, 2007
Wool Sweater
Removing Stains From Wool Clothing
Blue Kerosene Bottle
Cleaning Kerosene Spilled in a Car
Kerosene
Using Kerosene for Stains
Decorating with Area Rugs, Cleaning a Wool Area Rug, Wool area rug on a living room floor.
Cleaning a Wool Area Rug
🎉
🎄