Blood Stain on a Dress

How can I get a drop of dried blood out of a pink dress?

Jai from Chatsworth, GA

Saliva will usually dissolve blood on fabric.

If you haven't washed and dried the dress yet (as that will set the stain) I would soak it in "Tide with Bleach" for 8-24 hours. Works wonders for my underwear at "that time of the month". This has a color safe bleach that won't fade your dress and works in the worst of water; my water will turn tea colored if I use regular bleach, but works very well with this product.

Hydrogen peroxide is the nurses' friend. Gets out blood stains wonderfully well.

not knowing the fabric content makes it iffy, but you can try a little peroxide and baking soda. wet the spot with peroxide and blot it off. do that a couple of times then make a paste of baking soda and peroxide and use a soft toothbrush and pound the stain. don't scrub it. rinse and repeat as needed.

I've found that ERA laundry detergent is the best thing for getting out blood stains. Actually I usually use the ERA with bleach, but both kind have enzymes that dissolve blood. Not only does it work better than peroxide or other detergent with bleach, but it doesn't bleach out the color in the clothes.

The saliva post above mine is interesting too !!!!!

I bet it would work, Im gonna try it !!!

A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, great to use to remove blood stains.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothing and Fabric
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 11, 2006
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Renewing Vows in a Wedding Dress
Choosing a Dress to Renew Your Vows
Wedding Dress
Removing a Blood Stain on a Wedding Dress