How To Clean a Jeep Rag Top
To keep your Jeep or SUV rag top in good shape, follow these instructions.
- When you're washing the rest of the car, use mild dishwashing soap and water and a soft-handled brush to clean the top. At the car wash, use the scrub brush and follow with a soft cotton cloth to dry. Cloth diapers are good since they don't pick up lint.
- Don't use ordinary cleaning solvents. These often contain alcohol which can dull the finish.
- Several products have been formulated especially for cleaning jeep tops. Visit http://www.morris4x4center.com/ or http://www.thejeep.com for details.
- Waterless hand cleaners such as GoJo (available in hardware stores) will remove stubborn stains and grease. Use a small amount, and test an area first. Finish with a thorough washing with mild soap and water and rinse.
- Prevention is key. Don't let the top get too dirty or the ingrained grime will be harder to remove.
About The Author: An Arizona freelance writer for the past decade, Claire is a regular contributor to the Arizona Republic's business, career builder and community sections and is also the author of a statewide restaurant guide, "Dining in Arizona - 101 Great Places to Eat" Claire has co-authored several cookbooks and is now a working chef and menu designer in Sun City, AZ.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 3:42:04 PM on 10.0.2.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us