How To Clean a Jeep Rag Top
To keep your Jeep or SUV rag top in good shape, follow these instructions.
- When you're washing the rest of the car, use mild dishwashing soap and water and a soft-handled brush to clean the top. At the car wash, use the scrub brush and follow with a soft cotton cloth to dry. Cloth diapers are good since they don't pick up lint.
- Don't use ordinary cleaning solvents. These often contain alcohol which can dull the finish.
- Several products have been formulated especially for cleaning jeep tops. Visit http://www.morris4x4center.com/ or http://www.thejeep.com for details.
- Waterless hand cleaners such as GoJo (available in hardware stores) will remove stubborn stains and grease. Use a small amount, and test an area first. Finish with a thorough washing with mild soap and water and rinse.
- Prevention is key. Don't let the top get too dirty or the ingrained grime will be harder to remove.
About The Author: An Arizona freelance writer for the past decade, Claire is a regular contributor to the Arizona Republic's business, career builder and community sections and is also the author of a statewide restaurant guide, "Dining in Arizona - 101 Great Places to Eat" Claire has co-authored several cookbooks and is now a working chef and menu designer in Sun City, AZ.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 17, 2017 at 3:10:54 PM on 10.0.1.185 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us