Cleaning a Jeep Soft Top
September 15, 2008
To keep your Jeep or SUV rag top in good shape, follow these instructions.
- When you're washing the rest of the car, use mild dishwashing soap and water and a soft-handled brush to clean the top. At the car wash, use the scrub brush and follow with a soft cotton cloth to dry. Cloth diapers are good since they don't pick up lint.
- Don't use ordinary cleaning solvents. These often contain alcohol which can dull the finish.
- Several products have been formulated especially for cleaning jeep tops. Visit http://www.morris4x4center.com/ or http://www.thejeep.com for details.
- Waterless hand cleaners such as GoJo (available in hardware stores) will remove stubborn stains and grease. Use a small amount, and test an area first. Finish with a thorough washing with mild soap and water and rinse.
- Prevention is key. Don't let the top get too dirty or the ingrained grime will be harder to remove.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.