Cleaning a Jeep Soft Top
If you used your Jeep for offroading the soft top is going to need periodic cleaning. This is a guide about cleaning a Jeep soft top.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Claire Bush0 found this helpful
September 15, 2008
To keep your Jeep or SUV rag top in good shape, follow these instructions.
- When you're washing the rest of the car, use mild dishwashing soap and water and a soft-handled brush to clean the top. At the car wash, use the scrub brush and follow with a soft cotton cloth to dry. Cloth diapers are good since they don't pick up lint.
- Don't use ordinary cleaning solvents. These often contain alcohol which can dull the finish.
- Several products have been formulated especially for cleaning jeep tops. Visit http://www.morris4x4center.com/ or http://www.thejeep.com for details.
- Waterless hand cleaners such as GoJo (available in hardware stores) will remove stubborn stains and grease. Use a small amount, and test an area first. Finish with a thorough washing with mild soap and water and rinse.
- Prevention is key. Don't let the top get too dirty or the ingrained grime will be harder to remove.