Making a Rag Mop

Category Floors
Rag mops have been used for generations to keep wooden and linoleum floors clean. This guide contains instructions for making a rag mop.

Does anybody know how to make a rag mop? I have a lot of towels that have seen better days that I don't want to use in my (new) bathroom. They are still in reasonable condition if rather dingy looking but seems a pity to toss them or use them as floor cloths. A rag mop would be ideal as they would be put to good use.

Thanks,
Cettina from Malta, Europe

Answers

Best Answer

i use the square plastic mops ,dif companies put them out, bonia is one..i cut the towels in half then just put over plastic what ever u call it,square thing and just hold it on with big rubber bands, if the towel is big enough just tie the corners together...then throw in wash and use again..old tee's work too....

Best Answer

tumpy, wat a brill idea! i was thinking on the lines of cutting the towels in strips and attaching them somehow to a broomstick or watever. this way, i dont have to cut them up into strips and its so easy. less chance of fraying and more important, less time wasted! thanks for your suggestion.

I want to make my own rag mop as the traditional store ones fall apart after I've used them for a month, especially if I bleach them.

By JuliaBright from Berea, KY

Answers

Best Answer

I have heard about using those mop heads that have a clamp that holds the mop in place. It was recommended to put rags in the clamp (old tee shirt, towels, etc. ) rather than a traditional mop head. It sounds like it would work.