Take Your Forgotten Coupons to Customer Service

contest winner icon

Here is an additional way to use your coupons:

Have you ever not purchased an item you needed because you had left the coupon at home, necessitating a trip back to the store at a later date? OR worse yet, paid full price, grumbling all the while?

Well, STOP that and instead, purchase the product BUT retain your receipt. Retrieve the coupon and head for the customer service desk the next time you are in the store!

Our local Kroger's credits the coupon back to me when I present it (and the receipt) in a reasonable time frame at the customer service desk. I have even had coupons for which I no longer have the receipt credited back to me. This is great when your DH forgets the coupons (Or thinks it is beneath him! LOL)

I would bet that other stores have a similar policy.

In addition, always retain your receipts for a reasonable amount of time (3-4 weeks) and ask for a price refund on clothing or house ware items that come on sale. Our youngest recently purchased a Webkins and it came on sale the next day for $1 cheaper. You guessed it, our 10 year old DD was at the register requesting her price adjustment! Start them off young for a life time of frugal living!

By Diana from Prospect, KY

The Kroger store I go to in Arlington, Tx. doesn't accept coupons printed off the Internet sights. Do they accept them at your store in Kentucky ? I'm just curious if it is the policy at all Kroger Stores in the US. I still shop there with regular coupons out of the Sunday paper.

Thanks for the info. Sure will come in handy.

This has happened to me so many times at Walmart and Shop-Rite. Customer Service has always taken care of my forgetfulness!

A bunch of coupons cut out of ads in the newspaper.
Using Coupons
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingJune 16, 2008
Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Advice on Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Clipping Coupons for Troops
Coupons for Troops
Online Coupon Computer
Using Online Coupons
using a laptop
Using Translation Websites