Cut Sponges in Half

I buy a lot of cleaning supplies at the Dollar Tree. Six sponges with the scrubby side for a dollar is a good price. But, I have found that they are sometimes too large to fit in some of the smaller places I have to clean. So, I get them home and cut them in half. They are easier to use and I double my money's worth!

By Poor But Proud from Coos Bay, OR

Photo of sponges cut in half.

Thanks for yet another great tip!

Don't you just luv those dollar stores? I buy all my sponges too at the dollar stores and cut them in half with a pair of scissors. They last longer and I get more for my money.

Great idea. I buy all my cleaning supplies from the Dollar store.

Hey, good idea and I gotta give ya the thumbs up pbp. I moved from Coquille couple years back. Pamela

Photos CleaningJuly 14, 2010
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
Stack of blue, yellow, and green sponges.
Cleaning Household Sponges
Colorful Sponges
Craft Uses for Sponges