Homemade Business Cards

I am looking for a page were I can make my own business cards. Does anyone have a recommendation?

By Marley's Grave, NE

If you have Microsoft Word or Word Perfect you can download a business card template. At least I know you can for Microsoft Word, not to sure about Word perfect. You can get business card stock from a stationary store or from Walmart. Print on normal paper the first time you have your form done and make sure it matches up to the business card stock you purchased. This keeps you from wasting the business card stock.

You can do the same thing for return address labels; this will look good if you mail a business card to someone and you address label and business card match. Kind of professional.

There are loads and loads of styles here: http://www.freeprintablebusinesscards.net/

This is a very good site. It has all sorts of free things to print. You will have to register.

http://www.freeprintablebusinesscards.net/

If you are going to buy card stock and print your own business card MAKE SURE that your printer can handle the heavier weight of the card stock. Most printers can not run card stock as they flip the paper 180 degrees during the printing process.

I've had good luck with Vistaprint, but you should be aware that they re-sell your information, leading to spam email and other ads. Also buried in their fine print is the fact that they're an overseas-based company, which resulted in an extra "currency conversion" charge of a couple dollars from my credit card company. It wasn't much, but I'm always annoyed by these charges which are very difficult to find out in advance.

It's been awhile, but I always got good results with MS Publisher. There are a variety of business card templates built into the program, and you can exchange your own images for the built-in ones with a couple of mouse clicks. When I worked as a church secretary several years ago, I created and printed all the stationery, business cards, etc.

I haven't tried to find it, but I hear there's a free version of MS Office out there. You could find it by searching for "open Office" in your fave search engine. (My fave is dogpile.com.) Of course, when thinking about the cost, you'll want to figure in the time you took creating the document as well as materials; cardstock, ink/toner, etc.

Best to you!

Another good spot is www.moo.com. I think you even get some free with just shipping and handling fees. Just like Vista Print.

March 13, 2010 Flag

Is there a way to make business cards at home? I don't have a business, but I would like the ability to put my name, phone number and email address on a card that I could just hand someone without having to write it down. I don't want to buy a program. I know there is software out there to do this with, but I want to know if there is a way I could make them without it.

Auntsandy24c from Baltimore, MD

Answers:

Homemade Business Cards

Business cards can be ordered very cheaply from a website called vistaprint.com

These are professionally done and you can usually get 250 free and all you have to pay for is shipping which is usually around $5 or $6. This is cheaper than you can buy the cards and print them for.

We use them for many things. My husband just ordered 100 postcards for our Boy Scout troop and they were free with the exception of shipping.

Check it out before buying blank cards and printing them yourself. (02/10/2006)

By CRMom

Homemade Business Cards

I make my husband's cards as he is with the Veterans of Foreign Wars and I use a clipart
of the US Flag and the State VFW emblem. I can use the Microsoft Word or I have a PrintShop Program and I love it as it is fun and I make birthday and holiday cards.

People always tell me during the year they wonder what my next Christmas card will be, no pressure there. Good luck and if you have any questions email me here at thrifyfun or this post. (02/10/2006)

By meoowmom

Homemade Business Cards

Just type your information into a word document. The standard business card size is usually 2 x 3.5 inches.

Trim you 8.5 x 11 paper to 8 and 10 after you print and then cut. You can get 10 on a sheet, use a paper cutter or you can purchase pre-cut sheets of business cards at the office supply store, but this worked fine. (02/11/2006)

By Diana

Homemade Business Cards

Microsoft Word has built-in business card feature. If you already have Word then you won't have to buy anything extra. You can use it to make your own business cards as well as return address labels, and many other things.

First open a new document. Then select the Tools Menu at the top of the screen. From the tools menu select Letters and Mailings then from that menu select Envelopes and Labels. It will open a box. Select the Labels tab at the top of the box and then the Options button at the right hand side. Under where it says Product Number if you scroll down you will see 3612 Business Card. Select that, then it will take you back to the box where you can type in the information you want to be on it and check the box that says Full Page of the Same Label.

You can buy pre-perforated sheets to print on at Walmart or you can just print onto any cardstock and then cut them yourself.

Also, you might notice in the Product Number box there are many options for other types of labels. I make my own return address labels this way. You can buy the blank labels at Wamart and then select the right Product Number in Word. Not as inexpensive as hand-writing your address, but cheaper than ordering labels from a company. (02/11/2006)

By RMJ

Homemade Business Cards

This might be of interest to you: entrepreneurs.about.com (02/18/2006)

By FFL

exchanging business card
Making Your Own Business Cards
Business and Legal BusinessMarch 13, 2010
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
two people shaking hands and exchanging business cards
Saving Money on Business Cards
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
🎄