Refrigerator Fan Blowing Bad Smell

By Debora 1

I have a Kitchen Aid Fridge (side by side) and the fan below is blowing a funky smell. In addition to that I don't know how to empty the drip pan. No one in the house seems to smell this except for me and I about ready to move out.

Debora from Mpls

Showing: Answers Sort

By mcw 80 1,750 Flag

First unplug the refrigerator. There is a small grill in the front of your refrigerator and you'll will find it along the bottom. Open the grill and look for the drip pan, remove and clean it out.

Also while you are at it, remove the cover at the back of the unit and give it a good vacuuming. By keeping your refrigerator dust-free your motor won't burn out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Had that happen once. It ended up being a dead baby mouse by the fan in back of fridge. I was the first to notice until 2 days later then all the family noticed the horrid odor!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cyinda 214 1,287 Flag

Use care when cleaning behind & under this fridge & make sure your family listens to your warning as it could be a toxic mold (wear a mask & gloves)... Also, legionnaire disease can grow in wet conditions such as these... I'm sorry that I can't tell you how to clean the drip pan... But obviously it needs to be done... It could also be an animal (such as a mouse) that could have crawled under or behind tour fridge & died. This happened to us one time. If you only need to clean the coils in the back I've heard you can use a shop-vac...

Wish I could be of more help,

GOOD LUCK!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorJuly 24, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Refurbished a Ceiling Fan
Refurbishing a Ceiling Fan
Smelling clothing in the washing machine.
Clothes Smell Bad After Washing
Assembling a ceiling fan.
Installing a Ceiling Fan
Ceiling Fan
Repairing a Wobbly Ceiling Fan
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2016 at 4:09:50 AM on 10.0.1.209 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings