Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Recipe to Make Bisquick Mix

Last year we made a Turkey Pot Pie using your Bisquick recipe, but we cannot find the recipe and this year we couldn't find it on this web site either.

Donna from River Edge, NJ

By

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By bo gore (Guest Post)01/21/2008

make up bisquick;
1 cup bisquick
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shedded cheddar
2 reen onions finely chopped
1/4 tsp garlic powder

bake 375F 12-15 minutes. makes 8 sticks brush tops with butter m.m. good

By Dana [1]11/27/2007

Donna, Upon looking through my Bisquick Best Recipes book (from 1996) I found two recipes that I think you may want. Here they are:

Cheesy Turkey Pot Pie

1 jar (18 ounces) turkey gravy (2 cups)
1 pkg. (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3 cups cut-up cooked turkey or chicken
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon instant minced onion
2 cups Bisquick Original or Reduced Fat baking mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)

HEAT oven to 375 degrees. Heat gravy and cream cheese in 3-quart saucepan, stirring frequently, until cream cheese melts. Stir in turkey, vegetables, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the onion. Spread in ungreased 13"x9"x2" pan.
STIR baking mix, milk, eggs, Cheddar cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese until blended. Pour over turkey mixture.
BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
8 to 10 servings.

Impossible Turkey Pie

2 cups cut-up cooked turkey or chicken
1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded natural Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
1 & 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup Bisquick Original baking mix
3 eggs

HEAT oven to 400 degrees. Grease 10" glass pie plate. Sprinkle turkey, mushrooms, onions, salt and cheese in pie plate.
STIR remaining ingredients with fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.
BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
6 to 8 servings.

Hope this is what you were searching for!

By Gloria Stucky [11]11/26/2007

When my daughter was in high school she came home with a biscuit recipe we really liked. It used much less fat than the Bisquick recipes so I thought I would try it as a subsitute and so far it seems to work great. Use my food processor and usually double or triple the recipe. I use margarine but then I store the mixture in the fridge. I don't add any salt - find enough in the margarine.

2 c. flour
4 T. margarine
4 t. baking powder
2 T. sugar

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Bisquick-Type Mix

Ingredients

• 4 cups flour
  • 2 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup shortening

Directions

Blend all ingredients until completely mixed. Store in air tight container or vacuum sealed bag. Store up to 6 months. Use in any recipe that calls for impossible mix, quick mix or bisquick.

By IMAQT1962 from ILLINOIS

RE: Bisquick-Type Mix

Is this similar to Jiffy baking mix, and do you just use solid shortening and cut it in to the dry? I use Butter Crisco. (05/08/2006)

By camo_angels

RE: Bisquick-Type Mix

Do you have to store in fridge with the shortening in it? (05/09/2006)

By jmz2005

RE: Bisquick-Type Mix

What kind of shortening do you use? Do you just mix the dry ingredients and then add shortening when you go and mix it for baking? (05/09/2006)

By marlene

RE: Bisquick-Type Mix

Use solid shortening with it. Crisco is good or even a generic brand and I store mine in the fridge just as a safety precaution. This is similar to a jiffy baking mix. Cut the shortening into the dry mixture. (05/10/2006)

By imaqt1962

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.