Using HE Detergent in a Top Load Washer

By Susan Hall 3 5

When using detergents made for the high efficiency washing machines, can you use the same detergent and the same amount in a top-loading machine?

By Susan

Showing: Answers Sort

By mcw 80 1,752 Flag

I don't know any thing about HE Detergent. But I've noticed that many brands of liquid laundry detergents are double concentrated. This is also true of the brands found in the dollar stores. I always determine the amount I will use in each wash load using this formula. Load the dirty clothes into the washer then select the water temperature. As soon as the washer starts agitating, I slowly pour in the detergent and can tell by looking at the amount of suds, then I add 1 scoop of generic oxi-clean. Never pour in the recommended amount on the container, you will end up with too many suds, and you will have to put your clothes through numerous rinses which is a waste of time and water. This can only be done with top-loading washing machines.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Michele 18 64 Flag

HE detergent doesn't get as sudsy as regular detergent. The reason is because the water amount used is less in an HE and can't wash away all the bubbles, eventually it will form a build up in the machine. You can use HE detergent in a regular washer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 15, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:41:27 PM on 10.0.2.180 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings