Smoothie Stain on Carpet

I have a blueberry smoothie stain on synthetic carpet blend. I've tried dabbing stain removal soap in warm water and now white vinegar. What next?

Carol from Victoria, Australia

My niece spilled grape juice on her light carpet and tried the OXY clean spot remover for clothes on it and it came right out. Give it a try

I had red koolaid on our carpet. I got a tea kettle and heated some hot water. I sprayed oxy-clean on the stain and poured the hot water on the stain a little at a time, soaking the hot water up with an old towel. Don't rub it out, just press. It takes about 3 kettles of water, but it comes out! This also works on dried Gak, but you have to comb it out of the carpet, as you add hot water.

Oh my! In college chemistry, I learned that vinegar is a mordent, which is something that fixes a dye into a fabric. I recommend that you NEVER use vinegar of any kind to remove stains. It will really just set them in further. I think that the oxyclean is a good idea! As it is with your blueberry stain, I doubt that the vinegar was heated, so the stain may still come out with lots of effort. If not, then find a cute little rug and plop it over the spot, or rearrange your furniture to cover it.

I used the oxyclean idea on straight blueberry stains on my beige carpet. I put hot water with oxyclean into a squeeze bottle because my stains were smaller than a dime. It removed the stains before my eyes. Fantastic.

Thank you

I just spilled a smoothie.

I just found this and didn't have any OXI clean & so I do the magical Laundry detergent that usually works for me.

I used a Tide POD, and warm water. Dipped the pod in the water to loosen the exterior and broke it open on the stain, you instantly see it pulling out of the carpet... I poured the water on it and scrubbed with my hands until it was all lifted. Wiped all the bubbles/foam up and it was gone. TIDE POD is where its at. Ive used detergent for every stain my little girl has made... and doesn't matter the brand so far.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJanuary 9, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet