Recurling Hair on Vintage Doll

It may seem odd to put this in under beauty, but I think the hair on my vintage composition doll is real. She had curls, but it's all gone flat. I'm no hair expert, and don't know what to do with what remains of her curls. How do I reset it without frizzing it and without doing major change (or damage to her hair or to her)? Or should I take her into a salon?

By Cornelia from OR

Answers

First, I would try to determine for sure if the hair is human as some dolls have mohair and other fibers for hair.

Check out eHow.com for an article entitled "Caring for Doll Hair" by Jonae Fredricks. It has related articles listed on the right sidebar one of which is about human hair wigs on dolls

Consumer Advice Collectibles ToysNovember 28, 2009
Fixing Frizzy Doll Hair
Fixing Frizzy Doll Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 6:08:27 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 593 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.