Identifying a Vintage Stuffed Toy

Category Toys
It is fun to try and find out information about a favorite childhood toy. This can sometimes involve a fair amount of research for more unusual or uncommon toys. This is a guide about identifying a vintage stuffed toy.

I have had this puppy since the early to mid 80s. I remember it came in a card board shaped like a dog house with a red roof. It had little things written on the box like, "Will you take me home?", "Rescue me", etc. There were a bunch of different puppies to choose from and I think they had even come out with kittens?

The dog house box, was only as big as the puppy's head and the head was the only thing sticking out. I really want to say this was called a Recuse Pet, or Rescue Pup/puppy, that's what just really sticks out in my mind. But I can't find anything on that.

When I was little my mom washed and dried him on high heat killing the fur, his tag and his eyes (which she repainted on him for me). He is roughly 8 inches long. I remember going to the toy store (probably Children's Palace) seeing the display on the shelf and picking out this particular guy and reading all the sayings on the little dog house shaped box. My sister picked put one that was black and white with short ears. The only tag on him is under his left ear. Can some one please help me identify this guy? Thank you!! :)

Answers

Best Answer

Someone on a Facebook toy identification page found what this little guy was. Its a Hug-a-pup made by Marchon company in 1985. :D they made a bunch of different ones.

This was given to a friend in the 1970s. It was his favorite childhood toy, but we don't know what it is! Does anyone know what this stuffed animal is?

Answers

Best Answer

It looks like Bashful,one of the 7 dwarfs.

Best Answer

Maybe one of the Rice Krispie Trio