Identifying a Stuffed Toy

Category Toys
Identifying stuffed toys can be difficult. If they have tags showing the manufacturer that will give you a place to start. Otherwise at lot of computer time is in your future, sleuthing. This is a guide about identifying a stuffed toy.

I've had this rabbit all my life and I'm not expecting it to be worth hundreds or dollars. It was a gift from my late grandfather and I was just curious. He has no tags, and is relatively large.
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

Unfortunately without a brand it is going to be hard to research.

This site has a lot of experts so someone else may recognize him and know exactly who he is! I sold plush animals for years in the 1980s-early 1990s and don't recognize him....sorry.

My suggestion for you if no one here can help is if you have lots of patience, you can describe him to Google, click on Google images and scroll through the photos to find a match to learn more. It would be helpful to enter an approximate year and the size...like a search of 18 inch stuffed bunny 1999 and then tweak the search as you see what you see. Like if he is musical add the song or if he has some other unique feature, add that.

Once you learn his name, you can go to eBay and look at SOLD auctions to see how much people are paying for him. NEVER us current auctions to develop a value for him as people can ask the world, value is only what people will pay for something in today's market!

Hope this gets you started!

Best Answer

It would be very difficult for someone to identify your rabbit without more information.

We do not know how old he is as you say all your life but then, you did not give us your age.

Your bunny is most likely one that was purchased at a department store mixed in with several hundred other bunnies (maybe even at Easter time?) and will probably not have any true resale value.

I feel sure you wish to keep him so you must just wish to know if he is valuable? I believe his only true value will be with someone who loves him and the happy memories he brings to mind.

Perhaps I am wrong and someone will come along that knows more about this type of thing and will be able to supply you with more information.

Doing research on Google with the information you supplied will not provide very much:

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-ab&tbm...

Any information on where this plush toy is from would be very helpful thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

It looks like a Green Bay Packers plush made by Cooperstown Bears. Officially licensed NFL product.

This bear is honestly a mystery. All I know is for my thirteen years of life he's been by my side after I found him in a box in my childhood home. He was dark blue when I first found him, and as you can see, he's been through a lot.

His tag says "Baby Roots Jean's" on his chest. And obviously I've looked him up, but to no avail. If he's worth anything, ( I'm aware of his state, thanks so much) let me know! Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

Aww! It does look well loved.

If it was not a promotional item for the jean company, the bear has the lines of bear sewing pattern from the 1980s (or maybe even older), that I used to make (sweet tipped ears).

I frequently used old jeans (and other old clothing items) so there is a chance he is handmade (not by me since I am not familiar with that jean name...mine would have been old Levis or Wranglers).

I used to incorporate tags, pocket studs, and such from the jeans into my design, like his design.

Does the tag at the bottom have any information about stuffing content? If not, it could be the seamstress took the jeans tag and fixed it in the tush.

Tags on manufacturered plush animals are supposed to have the stuffing content in them. I am not sure when the content thing became a requirement, but if the tag wasn't from a pair of jeans, and it has no stuffing content, that could help you date him.

As for value, I would say he has the most in sentimental value, but very little in monetary. Sentimental value is good, but it is disappointing when things don't have much monetary value.

Thanks for sharing him!

Does anyone know anything about this stuffed rabbit? I picked it up at a second hand store a quite a few years ago. I was wondering if the rabbit has a name so I can research it. Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

By Enza Frank from Toronto, Ontario

Answers

Best Answer

I ran across this bunny picture while I was trying to find a repellent recipe to keep them out of my yard..my Jack Russell Terrorist has an obsession with them and well, what he thinks are the snacks that they leave for him. I know, YUCK! Anyway, this bunny looks familiar, but I can't place it. There is an application on my new "hi-tech" phone called "Google Goggles" that you can download for free from the app market with whatever cellphone carrier you have. You simply take a picture and pull up the Goggle program to search for it. Right now, it does not do well for animals and doesn't have a huge library other than places and artwork loaded, but it is worth a try. You may already have an answer by now, but it didn't look like it came from here. Good luck!

I received this orange tabby in 1997 for Christmas. My mom bought it at JC Penney and it was the last one there. I really want one for my daughter and have scoured the internet in search for her and have come up empty. She is 12 inches long from head to butt, her tail is 8 inches long and is not stuffed, with a white tip. Her feet are filled with beads, but her body is filled with stuffing. She has a realistic looking beaded nose, blue eyes, and clear long plastic whiskers. I remember the logo had a train on it, but the tag is now completely white. If anyone has any information on the company or her it would be immensely appreciated! I have attached pictures of her.

Thank you all!

Answers

This may be a long shot, but this eBay vendor has a 1997 JC Penney Christmas Catalog. Perhaps if you ask, he/she could tell you if the tabby is in the book and if so, it will have the info on who made it.

www.ebay.com/.../112828614132?rmvSB=true

Wishing you all the best in your search!!

PS...is this him:
www.animalden.com/orange-tabby-cuddlekins-plush-animal...

It could be manufactured by the Gund Company