KitchenCleaning

Water Stains on a Countertop

I have a dark blue counter top in my bathroom and it has water stains or soap stains on it. Can anyone tell me how I can get ithem out? I tried white vinegar but it didn't work but it lloked a little better.

Thank you for your help,
Vicky from Canadensis, PA

You might try a spray on wax special for sinks, countertops. It doesn't get rid of the stains, but it might make them invisible. I get mine at K-Mart in the cleaning products section. It comes in a tall, silver can--can't remeber the name and the label peeled off, so I can't go look.

I too have found I get water stains on my counter. When using vinegar, have you let it soak? When my faucets were needing a cleaning, I'd wrap paper towels soaked in vinegar around them for at least an hour. I'm looking to hear other responses too.

When I first moved into my new home there were water spots and paint spots all over my countertops. The recommendations by the installer was to use acetone on the surface and wipe clean with a cotton cloth. Worked great. Test an area first to make sure that the acetone won't damage the surface or fade the color.

I, too, have dark blue countertops. I have tried everything. I have tried to scrub it out so much that there are little white spots in the yucky water spots. I have well water, and when my teenagers do dishes sometimes they forget to take the dish drainer off the counter. I have even bought a cleaner specifically for it. I have tried bleach. Powder bleach stuff and lots of elbow greese. I will try the vinegar, and the acetone. Not at the same time though. LOL

Thanks for the post.