Repairing a Bleach Spot on Clothing With Permanent Ink

I was washing parts of a white sweatshirt with bleach and accidentally got bleach on some parts of the words (which were dark blue) and I colored the words back in with the same color permanent pen. I was wondering do I have to reapply the color every time I wash the sweater and is it washer safe now, (meaning I don't have to worry about it bleeding onto other pieces of clothes)?

By chiffon from GA

I don't know about bleeding onto other clothes, but I have found that the permanent inks don't cover good enough to stay on the spot when it is laundered. It is almost like the bleach changes the texture of the fabric and the ink doesn't go all the way through the fabric.

If you can, use acrylic paint. You may have to mix the right color. Use a very stiff stencil brush and work it into the fabric. (Put a piece of cardboard underneath first) This kind of paint is permanent once it dries, never bleeds, never fades, and you can still use bleach to keep the white bright. I use this paint all the time on fabric.. Tee shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, etc. Believe me, you won't be disappointed. However, it will take you longer to apply paint as opposed to a permanent marker.

Home and Garden Repair ClothingFebruary 7, 2011
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather