Handy Uses for Address Labels

Address labels can be used a number of ways. Stick one on the bottom of a dish of food you're taking to a potluck. Carry some in your wallet for that unexpected sweepstakes promotion you see in a grocery store. Keep some in your vehicle's glovebox compartment, for that greeting card, etc., you forgot to mail. Anything to keep you from having to handwrite your name and address over and over.

By Terri H. from NV

Those are excellent suggestions. I, as most people do, I'm sure, get loads of address labels each year. I've often wondered how I could utilize them. Thanks for sharing, and God bless you.

i have used them on movies i loan out to friends or family & on magazines that i get at rummage sales so the addy on it belongs to someone else !

I also have moved & the lables were no longer valid but the ones I get from the Paralized vets have the pretty little monogram or picture so i cut those all off & save them for other mailing !

i have also cut the portion out with my name thinking I can use it in some other way !

-Type sheets of address labels with your child's name, their teacher's name and grade. Use them to put on paper lunch bags (especially for field trip lunches for school) label your child's school supplies with these labels.

-Label items in your child's room with a graphic on the label to indicate to the child what should go into the drawer or basket. I have plastic stacking bins that i have labels on (letter writing materials, office supplies, photo frames, office supplies) - all of these labels have graphics on them.

-Label bathroom drawers so you can be accountable to yourself to place items in the right place so it cannot be misplaced!

-When entertaining and you are using plastic drinking cups, have labels with each person's name that is attending the function affixed to the cup, it will help the person identify their cup if they put it down on a table, etc.

-For teachers...If your students use a journal and you have a topic for them to write about - type the journal entry topic and affix the label to their journal sheet. We use this method in kindergarten! It saves the teacher and the students time. In kindergarten, we make sure there is clipart to explain the meaning of the journal entry they should draw a picture of.

this is an excellent idea !! there have been times I have ripped off my address from a check to give to someone, this would be so much easier. And I WILL put one on the bottom of dishes that are taken to a function, I will be sure to get my dish back.

Thanks!!

I go to sewing club functions. I use the labels to ID my rulers scissors tapes ect.

I use them for anything I loan out or take with, books, discs, tools, etc. Put one inside the battery compartment of cameras, cellphones, laptops, and other portable electronics. Theives don't think to look there, and you will be able to positively an item if it's stolen. Don't forget to put them on power cords and accessories, too, in case you leave them behind somewhere by mistake. Put them on the outside of items as well. Use them on your luggage, inside and out.

Other Uses For Address Labels
Organizing MiscellaneousDecember 7, 2007
Finding Free Address Labels
Finding Free Address Labels
Saving Money on Address Labels
Saving Money on Address Labels
🎉
🎄