Salt and Water Stains on Sheepskin Boots

How do you remove salt and water stains from UGG sheepskin winter boots?

Leslie from Hailey, ID

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I found a leather cleaning kit in the shoe dept. that had a rubber like eraser and a brush that works great for this type of problem. I'm sorry I don't remember which store I purchased it from, as it was a good while ago. Maybe a search on the internet for a leather shoe cleaning kit will help.

Good luck!

Cheryl

http://www.2ewenique.com

The lady at the boutique where I bought my boots told she uses baby wipes for salt stains!

Probably best to use Uggs Cleaner and Conditioner. To prevent it from happening you can use Ugg Water and Stain Repellant. You can find both, together with instructions for use on this site about Uggs:

http://www.squidoo.com/UggShoes

I recently purchased a pair of Ugg boots for my daughter. I used Ugg's suede protector before allowing her to wear them. (I followed the directions exactly.) Yet when she wore them out in the snow, they got very bad salt stains.

I next purchased Ugg cleaner and conditioner in an effort to remove the stains. However, this also removed the color.

I don't think I would ever buy another pair of Ugg boots. They look terrible. I'm going to try to dye them. But all of this seems a bit much given that the boots are only three weeks old.

Someone told me to dab milk on the stain with your finger and then rub in with a towel, let dry overnight and you are good to go.

A shoe salesman told me to use vinegar and water solution to remove salt. It seems logical.

I have a pair of bear paw shoes. I have the light colored ones and I have a couple of dirt stains. I used an old toothbrush with soap on it, and it made it worse.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsOctober 19, 2006
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
A pair of tan suede boots.
Removing Salt Stains from Suede Boots
Cleaning a Sheepskin Rug
Cleaning a Sheepskin Rug
Sheepskin
Recognizing Real Sheepskin vs Faux Sheepskin
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 14, 2016 at 11:32:03 AM on 10.0.2.189 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.