Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Salt and Water Stains on Sheepskin Boots

0EmailPrintFollowSave

How do you remove salt and water stains from UGG sheepskin winter boots?

Leslie from Hailey, ID

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Cheryl 8 38 10/20/2006 Flag

I found a leather cleaning kit in the shoe dept. that had a rubber like eraser and a brush that works great for this type of problem. I'm sorry I don't remember which store I purchased it from, as it was a good while ago. Maybe a search on the internet for a leather shoe cleaning kit will help.
Good luck!

Cheryl
http://www.2ewenique.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sarah (Guest Post) 05/05/2008 Flag

The lady at the boutique where I bought my boots told she uses baby wipes for salt stains!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Galso 33 09/24/2008 Flag

Probably best to use Uggs Cleaner and Conditioner. To prevent it from happening you can use Ugg Water and Stain Repellant. You can find both, together with instructions for use on this site about Uggs:

http://www.squidoo.com/UggShoes

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mr. G. (Guest Post) 01/12/2009 Flag

I recently purchased a pair of Ugg boots for my daughter. I used Ugg's suede protector before allowing her to wear them. (I followed the directions exactly.) Yet when she wore them out in the snow, they got very bad salt stains.

I next purchased Ugg cleaner and conditioner in an effort to remove the stains. However, this also removed the color.

I don't think I would ever buy another pair of Ugg boots. They look terrible. I'm going to try to dye them. But all of this seems a bit much given that the boots are only three weeks old.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ann (Guest Post) 01/13/2009 Flag

Someone told me to dab milk on the stain with your finger and then rub in with a towel, let dry overnight and you are good to go.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By kay (Guest Post) 01/31/2009 Flag

A shoe salesman told me to use vinegar and water solution to remove salt. It seems logical.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ashley B. (Guest Post) 02/01/2009 Flag

I have a pair of bear paw shoes. I have the light colored ones and I have a couple of dirt stains. I used an old toothbrush with soap on it, and it made it worse.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes