Vacuum Cleaner for Hard Surface Floors

What vacuum cleaner would you recommend for hard surface floors?

Diane from Amity, AR

DYSON! It is the best vacume we have ever used. Plus, you can go right from vacuming the carpet to hardwood without having to adjust any setting. It does it automatically. Good luck!

You may laugh, but I use a shop vac on my tile floors and also on what carpet I have. I love it. It will pick up any and every thing. Best $39 I have ever spent.

July 26, 20060 found this helpful ... c-n%27/dp/B0000C7B9D/?tag=thrif06-20

I bought a Dirt Devil Swivel Glide MVP a few years ago when I had carpet because it looked like it would be easy to push (I have a back problem). I love this vacuum, with the swivel rollers it is easy to manuever, doesn't clog and still does a great job on my tile floors. I don't recall I have ever had to replace a belt either. It's not expensive.

Most of my floors are hardwood and the only thing I do besides mop, is use a 24" wide dustmop sprayed with End Dust. I also use it on the tile in the bathrooms. That is what the professionals suggested I use and it works great. They always look shiny.

Red Vacuum Cleaner
Choosing a Good Vacuum Cleaner
Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and Home Vacuum CleanersJuly 25, 2006
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Woman Using Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum Cleaner Product Reviews