Small Brown and White Bugs in Wood Headboard

My 5 1/2 year old and I have been getting these tiny little red bite marks that swell and itch. I first thought they where insect bites. Now I'm lost. I found little brown and white bugs in the corner of my homemade wood headboard that has padding and fabric.

I killed them all, sprayed bug spray and took the head board out and apart. I cleaned the sheets and looked at the mattress. I saw nothing. I can't move the bed yet because it is a king size bed.

I made a doctor's appointment for Monday early. What to do? Please help. Thanks.

Ms. Collins

I really hate to say this, but you could have bedbugs. It's nothing to do with your housekeeping, I hear they're really bad this year, all over. Another TF'er suggested food-grade diatomaceous earth. It's the consistency of talc, so be careful not to inhale it, and wear gloves when using it. Sprinkle it where you saw the critters. I hear it totally dries them out. It'll do the same to fleas and any other multi-legged creepy-crawlie, or so I hear.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsAugust 30, 2010
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Wood plank headboard.
Making a Headboard
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car