Bunny Dogs

Just in time for 4th of July!

Basically, you take marinated carrots, pressure cook them (steaming might work) until soft and place into hot dog buns with all the fixin's (kraut, onions, mustard or whatever you prefer).

The easy recipe is one of those, "a little of this, a little of that".

Take the large size carrots (not the minis nor ones that are super woody huge), peel, cut off tops and ends, place into pressure cooker. To the pot, add 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (I use organic Tamari), glub glub worcestershire sauce, 3 heavy sprinkles garlic powder and add enough water to just cover the carrots.* Cook in pressure cooker for 2 to 3 minutes, once the third ring is showing. Unfortunately, I can't specify this exact pressure for other types of cookers, but can tell you this is the highest pressure on my cooker.

*You could add more water, but then you'd have to add more seasonings to make up the difference.

Remove from cooking liquid, put on buns, add condiments and eat. Can be left setting in the cooking liquid until dinner time with the pressurized lid off. Use the quick release on the cooker to get the lid off because these carrots cook fast and will disintegrate if left in the very hot pressurized liquid too long.

I'd like to point out that carrots don't have much protein value, so you should serve them with something hearty like beans and a green veg. And don't forget to buy buns that are healthy - look for fiber and protein!

Good recipe for people who don't like the taste of hot dogs, can't chew, don't like the taste of preservatives, like to eat healthy... My kids loved them when they were little. Still do.

I obtained this recipe from a vegetarian internet group many years back. Can't recall when nor from whom. I remember asking the poster if she had any other similar recipes. She didn't. Too bad. This one's a winner.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Vegetarian Sandwich Recipes
Vegetarian Sandwich Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetarianJuly 4, 2007
Little boy in a brown bunny costume.
Making an Easter Rabbit Costume
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Easter Bunny
Free Letters from the Easter Bunny
finished bunny
Making a Fabric Bunny Doorstop
🎉
🎄