Craft Ideas Using Specimen Cups

I've got a great question for you guys. About two weeks ago, a small clinic near my home had to close. I found out about it through one of the employees. At any rate, I do a lot of crafts and like to organize things. There was a half box of "specimen cups" with screw on lids and I was able to get them for free. Does anyone have any wonderful, knowledgeable, or crafty ideas for using them? Thanks.

By Linda from NYC

Depending on how clear the containers are, you might be able to do something like this:

http://www.marthastewart.com/good-things/snow-globes

I would use them for organization, something along the lines of like using baby food containers in a garage. Screw the lids to the bottom of a wooden shelf, then fill cups with all your little embellishments and screw onto the lid. You can easily see everything you have.

What a lucky find! I would use them for bead storage, for washers, screws and nails in my workshop, or for bobbins, needles, pins, etc. in my sewing room.

Spice containers for gifts get bulk spices (Try health food or Amish store), maybe a spice that is expensive in the grocery or much used (basil, cinnamon for me). Fill the container (it'll be maybe 1 1/2 oz. and put on a bow and label.

Health food and bulk food stores have spices and herbs much cheaper than groceries, usually. Also try Penzeys.com for good prices on really fine spices and herbs.

Being a nurse, I would make something like a mixture of nuts, raisins, small pieces of dried fruit, etc. or sewing items, or soup beans/peas, etc; just use your imagination, and give them to my nursing friends. They would get a giggle... (almost as good as flowers in a urinal!) Or, how about sand art? Fill with sand mixed with tiny sea shells.

Specimen Cup
Craft Ideas Using Specimen Cups
Crafts Recycled CraftsOctober 22, 2009
K-cups
Organizing Keurig K-cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Building Natural Garden Architecture
Using Plants to Build Garden Architecture
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
🎉
🎄