Craft Ideas Using Specimen Cups

Category Miscellaneous
Many crafts use plastic cups of varying sizes and shapes. This is a guide about craft ideas using specimen cups.

I've got a great question for you guys. About two weeks ago, a small clinic near my home had to close. I found out about it through one of the employees. At any rate, I do a lot of crafts and like to organize things. There was a half box of "specimen cups" with screw on lids and I was able to get them for free. Does anyone have any wonderful, knowledgeable, or crafty ideas for using them? Thanks.

By Linda from NYC

Answers

Depending on how clear the containers are, you might be able to do something like this:
http://www.mart  ings/snow-globes

I would use them for organization, something along the lines of like using baby food containers in a garage. Screw the lids to the bottom of a wooden shelf, then fill cups with all your little embellishments and screw onto the lid. You can easily see everything you have.

What a lucky find! I would use them for bead storage, for washers, screws and nails in my workshop, or for bobbins, needles, pins, etc. in my sewing room.

Spice containers for gifts get bulk spices (Try health food or Amish store), maybe a spice that is expensive in the grocery or much used (basil, cinnamon for me). Fill the container (it'll be maybe 1 1/2 oz. and put on a bow and label.
Health food and bulk food stores have spices and herbs much cheaper than groceries, usually. Also try Penzeys.com for good prices on really fine spices and herbs.