Tool for Making Sequin Balls

I saw a tool, a long time ago, that pushes the pins, with a sequin, in to the ball. It had a wooden handle an some way to hold the pin I believe. Please help me, my hands and fingers don't do well pushing the pins in anymore. Thank you.

Susan

I would be willing to bet that a BIG craft store, Like Hobby Lobby, or Micheal's would know what it is. Not sure if you could find it on line, but a trip to this type store would probably help you locate it.

A good craft demo gal could find it.

I think a tool used by woodworkers (myself included) to countersink finishing nails would work great for that project. They are made of metal, usually with a rubber grip on the handle end, and the other end has a concave point. They come in a few different sizes, so what size you need would be based on the size of the pin head of your pins, I would think the smallest one. They are available in the tool department at any home improvement store such as Lowes or Home Depot and I think even Walmart has them in the paint and hardware section. Just ask for a "countersink" tool.

I have always used a needle nosed plier for this, because of the pointed tip on the plier, you can get the pin almost all the way in, if not all the way. Most people have a needle nose plier on hand.

Making Bead and Sequin Ornaments
Making Bead and Sequin Ornaments
Crafts AdviceJanuary 27, 2009
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Making Splash Balls
Making Splash Balls
Floral ball made of artificial roses.
Making Styrofoam Floral Balls
sheep wool dryer balls
Homemade Wool Dryer Balls
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 4:09:28 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.