Making Splash Balls

Category Toys
Splash balls are easy to make pools toys that will keep your kids occupied for hours. This is a guide about making splash balls.

Our kids really wanted to have a water fight today. They really wanted me to buy some splash balls at the store, but they were $2.99 each. Instead I purchased a few packages of sponges and some twine. I was able to make 6 small balls and 1 large one for under $8!

Total Time: 20 minutes

• sponges
  • cotton string
  • scissors

1. Cut two sponges in half, the long way.
  2. Then cut them in half again. Now you have 8 long strips.
  3. Ad

4. Cut a length of string and stack the strips, with the string laying underneath them.
  5. Bring the ends of the string up and tie them tightly around the sponge strips.
  6. Ad

7. Now bring the ends of string around to the other side of the ball and tie it again. I tied mine 3 times. Cut off any extra string.
  8. Drop the splash balls into a bucket of water. Grab one and soak your opponent!

Videos

Our kids really wanted to have a water fight today. They really wanted me to buy some splash balls at the store, but they were $2.99 each. Instead I purchased a few packages of sponges and some twine.

I was able to make 6 small balls and 1 large one for under $8! View the full project here: Sponge Splash Balls

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes